He Said, She Said: Guide to Relationships

Every good relationship has two sides. The bad ones tend to have one side (i.e. YOU'RE right, THEY'RE wrong). This is a story of a young couple finding their way and keeping their voice(s) while exploring the joys and woes of dating, love and travel.

Google

Monday, May 01, 2006

He Said, She Said: Marriage is what you make of it

SHE SAID:
So I just read HIS posting from April 29th and it kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

Come on... just because all of your friends are married now doesn't make them boring. Granted they may not be the most exciting peeps I have ever met, but that has been consistent since when i met them BEFORE they were married. They have always been into trivia pursuit and wine/cheese.

My thoughts... GROW UP!

When it comes to marriage there are basically two options:
1- you can either get married, have kids, buy a house with a white picket fence and never go on dates anymore...

OR ....

2- you can continue being yourselves and grow together. This is the chance to start a new chapter of your life, any way you would like it! If you were cool to begin with, you aren't going to all of a sudden become a nerd. If you traveled before you were married, you are now going to have someone to travel with and share your adventures with not stop it completely.

In fact, why don't we talk about my married friends... One of my best girlfriends is married to a bass player in a band and has a one year old child. Do they sit at home and play lame board games?? No, they travel across the country, across the world for that matter. They just got back from a 2 month stay in California and are heading to Spain in the fall for a few weeks. Now that is what I am talking about.

In fact, take my parents for instance. My father was in the Air Force and stationed in Turkey when I was a little girl. Within the first three years of my life, I traveled to Turkey, Israel, Greece, Germany & the US. It was so cheap to fly out of Adana, Turkey that my parents wanted to take me on as many vacations as possible while we had the opportunity.

So don't blame someone's personality on being married and don't be resentful that they have grown up and moved on to the next stage in their lives. That is what THEY have chosen for themselves & they are happy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you tell him!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home