He Said, She Said: Guide to Relationships

Every good relationship has two sides. The bad ones tend to have one side (i.e. YOU'RE right, THEY'RE wrong). This is a story of a young couple finding their way and keeping their voice(s) while exploring the joys and woes of dating, love and travel.

Google

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

He Said: Running with your eyes closed

Last week I ran the LaSalle Bank Shamrock Shuffle 8K. I must be getting lazy because I finished about 5 minutes slower than last year. I could blame my poor time on the fact that I was running late - having quite literally jumped out of a cab 3 blocks from the start as the gun went off. I sprinted all the way to the starter's line and never stopped once before reaching the end.

Under normal circumstances, that'd be a perfectly legitimate excuse for my poor time. But I did the same thing last year. Only difference was this year I skipped the gear check and carried my cell phone with me as I ran.

Even after waking up early, I found one distraction after another to avoid getting ready. It was only a matter of time before I was running late. Procrastination is the ultimate buzz kill. And it's a tough habit to break. I fear SHE's convinced one day I'll be late to our own wedding because I'll be checking my fantasy baseball stats.

Incurable procrastination. Consider it part of my charming personality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home