He Said, She Said: Guide to Relationships

Every good relationship has two sides. The bad ones tend to have one side (i.e. YOU'RE right, THEY'RE wrong). This is a story of a young couple finding their way and keeping their voice(s) while exploring the joys and woes of dating, love and travel.

Google

Monday, April 17, 2006

He Said: Learning from Big Sister

Our family differences could make for some interesting psychoanalysis.

Take me for instance. I've been a Midwest guy from the day I was born, and I come from a pretty liberal family. At the dinner table, no topic was ever off limits. I had an older sister to learn from - and whenever she screwed up, Mom made sure I witnessed it.

One of my fondest memories of Big Sis was her hugging the toilet puking up vodka after a night out with friends. Mom got me out of bed for that one. Being that I was only 8 or so at the time, I was confused why Mom made no effort to help Big Sis. Instead, she simply watched. The lesson I learned that night was to never piss off Mom.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a nice mother you have!

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

too funny. so did you learn your lesson?

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best way to learn - by your siblings mistakes.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home