He Said, She Said: Guide to Relationships

Every good relationship has two sides. The bad ones tend to have one side (i.e. YOU'RE right, THEY'RE wrong). This is a story of a young couple finding their way and keeping their voice(s) while exploring the joys and woes of dating, love and travel.

Google

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

She Said: Adopting a puppy

So we decided to add another puppy to our family. How could we say no to those little brown eyes and white dipped paws? What I didn't realize was that my morning ritual of 'hitting the snooze button until I have to rush around frantically to get to work routine' would no longer be a reality. It seems that puppies like to wake up around 5am, which is apparently prime playtime.

So my lazy sleep-in days are over and a new dawning, literally at dawn, has begun. I guess it is kind of good that I get up earlier, I feel like I actually have a full day instead of trying to cram everything in at 7pm when I get home from work. Not to mention it is good practice for when I want to have a kid one day and great birth control for now. haha! AND MAYBE, just maybe, I will actually make it to the gym one morning since I am already up.

The first week was really tough, from puppy potty training pads to hours & hours of Puggle #2 crying in her crate at night. Week 2 got a little better, although the poor baby got a bacterial infection and a VERY bad tummy ache. But with that behind us, now she is actually making it outside or to the potty pads. She has even started recogzing her name.

Even though my schedule has been completely rearranged and is so chaotic, there is nothing better than coming home to a wet nose and wagging tail. Except if there are two:)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you got ANOTHER puppy?? how has the older dog handled the new puppy?

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 dogs. That's asking for trouble. I'll be curious to see how it works out with the older dog.

11:55 AM  
Blogger He Said She Said said...

HE SAID: I don't know how many more 5am mornings I can take. At least the whining/crying in the middle of the night has improved.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how long til the 3rd dog? once that happens, you'll be outnumbered... stick with 2.

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what did you name the new puppy?

6:41 PM  
Blogger He Said She Said said...

SHE SAID:
The two pups have become best buds.. they are adorable. Rocky is 3 and Chloe is 12 wks. Supercute!

There will definitley not be a third dog. I can't imagine... we would never sleep!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home