He Said, She Said: Guide to Relationships

Every good relationship has two sides. The bad ones tend to have one side (i.e. YOU'RE right, THEY'RE wrong). This is a story of a young couple finding their way and keeping their voice(s) while exploring the joys and woes of dating, love and travel.

Google

Saturday, May 06, 2006

He Said: Rescued another puggle

We made a spur of the moment decision last week to rescue another dog. Same breed as the first - puggle - except she's a baby at 10 weeks. When we adopted PUGGLE #1, we got lucky because he was a bit older and already housetrained. "Luck" for PUGGLE #2 is if she goes potty (I hate that word) NOT on the furniture.

I've heard layering the floor with newspaper is a good way to train a new puppy. What I didn't expect was that I'd have to change my newspaper subscription. For some strange reason, PUGGLE #2 will only go poop on a copy of USA TODAY. But if I lay down the Chicago Tribune, she just sits there and stares at me. I smell trouble, especially considering the dog doesn't even know her own name yet.

So now the balance of power has shifted in the He Said She Said household. Poor PUGGLE #1 was hoping for a brother. He spent the entire car ride home with his face buried against the back seat. The dog wanted nothing to do with SHE, who was up front cuddling with PUGGLE #2. Jealousy and resentment burned in his eyes. And if the dog has learned anything from me, he'll milk it for all it's worth and for as long as he can.

Hey, I'm not proud I taught my dog to manipulate. He just happens to be good at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home