He Said, She Said: Guide to Relationships

Every good relationship has two sides. The bad ones tend to have one side (i.e. YOU'RE right, THEY'RE wrong). This is a story of a young couple finding their way and keeping their voice(s) while exploring the joys and woes of dating, love and travel.

Google

Friday, May 26, 2006

Da Vinci Code - save your money and read the book instead

He Said:

SHE and I joined two friends opening night, one of whom hadn't read the book, in the 2nd row just off to the left and dug into our popcorn as the lights dimmed and the Dolby Digital surround sound roared to life.

And so began my Da Vinci Code experience - 150 minutes that I would love to have back. This was a rare occassion where the movie lived up to the hype. In this instance, that wasn't a very good thing.

The reviews were bad. I knew that going in. But I was still hoping to be surprised. The bad dialogue and Tom Hanks moptop I was expecting. The book was an entertaining read, so I was hoping for a fun translation to screen. Sadly, that would not be the case.

Bottom line: Read the book instead. But if you insist on wasting 2.5 hours of your life, run fast to the cineplex. But expect to be disappointed. SHE and I both were.

To learn what we really thought... and for more HE SAID SHE SAID Movie Reviews, go here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

shoulda listened to your advice. finally caved and paid my $$$ to go see the Da Vinci Code. Major bummer. How can I get my money back?

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home