He Said, She Said: Guide to Relationships

Every good relationship has two sides. The bad ones tend to have one side (i.e. YOU'RE right, THEY'RE wrong). This is a story of a young couple finding their way and keeping their voice(s) while exploring the joys and woes of dating, love and travel.

Google

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Netflix vs. Blockbuster

HE SAID:
Today Netflix announced they would be offering movie downloads for free online. Read about it here. That’s a nice little differentiator from the beast named Blockbuster. Nevertheless, I must admit I prefer Blockbuster. And this is coming from one of the earliest Netflix adopters and fanatics.

Over time Blockbuster has developed an identical program and today offers a superior product. They have found a way to leverage empty Blockbuster stores sandwiched between McDonald’s restaurants lining American street corners. Drop the DVD off at a store and walk out with a new movie. By the time you get home, Blockbuster has shipped the next movie in your queue. My math may be a bit fuzzy, but that adds up to double the DVDs in my book. Hands down the best advantage Blockbuster has over Netflix.

Having wasted far too many of my young years in the advertising industry, it seems all I ever remember are the terrible ads. I can’t help but cheer whenever a great one enters the mix. And that’s exactly what Blockbuster has. A fantastic TV advertising campaign centered around a great message.

Ride the wave and rent some DVDs. The rest of the world is catching on.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Netflix man myself.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Round 1 goes to Netflix with their online streaming video system. Blockbuster can't top that!

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will be interesting to see which of these 2 giants will come out on top.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blockbuster rules! Netflix is yesterday's daarling.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't live without my Netflix.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to believe Netflix was the industry leader but Blockbuster has really turned things around.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

You can find some really interesting insites comparing Netflix and Blockbuster service here:

For Netflix Reviews:
Netflix Reviews
For Blockbuster Reviews:
Blockbuster Reviews

Overall, I would highly recommend to check out consumer reviews on this site before making any type of purchase decisions

Regards,

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home