He Said, She Said: Guide to Relationships

Every good relationship has two sides. The bad ones tend to have one side (i.e. YOU'RE right, THEY'RE wrong). This is a story of a young couple finding their way and keeping their voice(s) while exploring the joys and woes of dating, love and travel.

Google

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Superman Returns....

SHE SAID:
Ok so I have to admit I was not quite as excited to see Superman Returns on a Tuesday night at 10pm in 3-d IMAX as he was, but I did enjoy the show. The 3-d part was probably the coolest part. Excluding the minor glitches that made you go blind, it was awesome to see the clarity on the action packed scenes on the big screen.

However, I do have a few minor questions/complaints. It could just be my ignorance on previous Superman history, but here are my thoughts...

1. Superman's son - saw that one coming
2. If the kid can throw a piano, why can't he open the locked door?
3. If Superman was stabbed multiple times with Kryptonite, how could he live?
4. How did Lex Luther get into the secret old school superman world?
5. Superman kind of looked like a wax figure
6. Some of the dialogue was sooooo cheesy.
7. If Superman can fly into space why does he need a spaceship to come back to earth?

That being said, I still have much respect for Superman. I know these are small complaints in the larger movie, but those were the parts I didn't care so much for, and honestly... when I think of Superman, nothing can compare to the days of Marlon Brando & Christopher Reeve.

Overall I would give the movie a B+... but I guess I am kind of biased. I have always been more of a Spidey kind of gal.:)


pfsssssssssssssssssssssss...

8 Comments:

Blogger He Said She Said said...

HE SAID: Good review, babe. Who doesn't love a girl who loves Superman!?

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kinda cool to hear a girl's take on Superman Returns. Here are the answers to your questions (in case HE hasn't already filled you in):

1. Super-kid. Agree that it was obvious, but at least it wasn't lame.

2. He DID open the door, but at the same time as Richard.

3. Superman lives thanks to Lois pulling the kryptonite shards out.

4. Lex Luthor visited the Fortress of Solitude back in Superman II. He must've kept a map handy.

5. Superman looks way cool in wax.

6. It had to be cheesy. Just be thankful Superman didn't wake up when Lois kissed him in the hospital. I was cringing just waiting for that moment.

7. He holds his breath in space. No oxygen up there. So he needs a spaceship to go all the way out to Krypton.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good recap Superman Comics Fan.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it all makes sense the 2nd time around. go see it again!

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to see you're a Spiderman fan, but even I have to admit this latest Superman effort was a winner. Can't wait for the sequel. Bring me more Superman!!!

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there She Said:
So if you're a Spidey fan, I take it you've seen the new Spiderman 3 trailer by now. What'd you think? Will it live up to the hype?

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice review, She Said. I'm seeing it again tonight!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so have you seen it again? and does anyone else have any unanswered questions? Ask away...

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home