He Said, She Said: Guide to Relationships

Every good relationship has two sides. The bad ones tend to have one side (i.e. YOU'RE right, THEY'RE wrong). This is a story of a young couple finding their way and keeping their voice(s) while exploring the joys and woes of dating, love and travel.

Google

Monday, February 19, 2007

Saying Uncle

HE SAID:
I'm still getting use to this whole Uncle thing. My sister gave birth to a baby boy a few months ago and it has taken me 3-4 months just to get used to the idea. It would help if my sister lived closer but she is several states away and I've only met my nephew a couple times. That all changed this weekend.

This weekend was my first real chance to hang out with the little fella, all 15 pounds of him. I still have to fight off my parents and visiting relatives whenever I hold the baby, but I was able to sneak away a few times to get some Uncle/Nephew alone time. Of course that didn't last long because you can only disappear with a baby for so long before someone notices. Nevertheless, it was a great time. I can't wait to spoil the little bugger.

I'm hesitant to say my nephew is the cutest baby ever because I always get so annoyed whenever anyone says it... but it's true. My new baby nephew IS the cutest baby you've never met. So you might as well get used to the idea.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait until you have kids of your own. Then you can't give them back!

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute story. Keep writing. I'm a fan.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home